Sunday, April 10, 2011

Inspiration


I became inspired today from the birthday present that my AwEsOmE sister-in-law gave me. Maybe she meant to, maybe she didn't who knows, but it was great! The gift was a lulu lemon bag, lunch sized bag which I'm totally going to start taking to work, filled with my favorite candy and new running socks, of course from lulu lemon :) Anyways, the bag was sitting on my counter today and I walked past it and the word setbacks caught my eye, and there it was, my inspiration. LIFE IS FULL OF SETBACKS. SUCCESS IS DETERMINED BY HOW YOU HANDLE SETBACKS.

This is just a setback and now I have to handle it and handle it well! So my chin is up and I am smiling. I'm gonna race a million more times in my life, but for now I need to rehab this injury, and do it right. So I guess the pity party is over and I'm done feeling sorry for myself but I did get tons of love, hugs, and treats. Thanks everyone!
My doctor drew some blood and checked my Vitamin D levels and some other labs that came back stellar. But my vitamin D level was low and he said this contributed to the fracture. My prescription being: Vitamin D3 5,000 U BID for 6 weeks. Then sunbathe for 20 minutes, 3x weekly in the 11-2 sun, in a bikini.....this is no joke. My response: Umm, that won't be problem.

Yesterday I turned 27. Seriously, I feel old. Especially since I have the bone strength and vitamin D level as a 60 year old. But overall it was a great day, lots of great food, gifts and of course my favorite cake. I got mostly cash but I won't tell you how much because I don't want to get robbed.
That's it.

3 comments:

Ambo said...

I loved this post!!! Before you know it this will all be a memory. Happy Birthday sis! (at least your not 100 like me)

amy g said...

I totally meant to give you that bag for inspiration! Yeah, I am that cool....jk!! That's awesome, I love to read my bag occasionally and find a little inspiration myself. Like when I don't feel like getting a work out in and I read "sweat everyday" that's an easy enough goal! I'm glad your outlook on the situation has perked up, I am seriously feelin for ya but you're right. The marathon will always be there, but your health is much too important to overlook. You'll be back out there in no time!! Enjoy those treats!

Oh yeah, you were supposed to take your cake with you! I'm pretty sure I had a piece for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Anonymous said...

Hey old lady! That seriously sucks about your leg, so sorry!!! Good luck rehabbing... glad to hear you get to sun bathe for part of the recovery.

And happy birthday! I remember one of your birthdays going to 'rocket park' for an easter egg hunt ha