Friday, June 10, 2011

Back Again

Sorry, I know I was missed but we have been super busy with Ryan graduating and trying to find a job. As of today, it looks like we will be going to Idaho Falls. Ryan had a pretty sweet job offer there that is just 3 days a week. That's what I'm talking about, more play for us :) But anything could change in the next few weeks, so we'll see. We went to the cabin after an informal second interview in Idaho Falls, it's only an hour away, SWeet!
This kid is a champ on the balance bike, he can hold both of his feet up and cruise. His cruising got so fast we had to invest in a helmet ASAP.

Teton N.P. where we had just seen a bear.... awesomeness.

Then we did an 18 mile bike ride to Teton Canyon and up towards Grand Targhee. I volunteered to pull our tanker child. Let's be honest, with no running and 5 days a week of spin class, I had to show Ryan my skills. Oh and don't be jealous of all these Teton views.

Hopefully I will be more consistent with my blogging in the future, but probably not.
And by the way, I get to run for an entire 12 minutes straight tomorrow! I can't wait! Slow and steady with lots of walk breaks are doctors orders. It's actually quite the particular run/walk schedule, for example I run 12 minutes, walk 2, run 12, walk 2, run 12. Then each day the running increases and the walking decreases. I would hate to re-injure my leg, so far I'm being compliant but it's so hard to hold back when I just want to run my guts out. Ryan refers to me as the caged beast! July 16th can't come fast enough for my first race, post injury. Tin Cup Half Marathon here I come!

3 comments:

Davis Valley Classic said...

That is exciting news, although I am sad to see you go. Even though i am a slacker at getting together with you anyway! You better update your blog more!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Congrats that's awesome, we drive right through there to get to Great Falls! When do you guys move? How exciting!!... I think I will love living in Montana lots of great stuff to do!

PS glad you are able to bike since you can't run and what a great place to go so beautiful.

Ash said...

Oh, Amy, you're so great:) SO hard core! Ha ha. Your little jack is so cute:) He's going to be so active just like you guys! I will miss you if you move to ID. Altho-we don't see each other all that much now:( Sucks how busy life pulls friends apart. But I'm always here for you; that never changes. Be nice to your fractured leg! You've so many more miles in you.