Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July Happenings

We took Jack to ride the frontrunner and see the trains at Union Station. We went with my sister and her family had an awesome time, Jack loved it. We also ate at the Union Grill, we hadn't been there since our 3rd date!



One Sunday we sent to Silver Lake in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Hiking is so fun with a 2 year old....not! It's a slow walk picking up every rock and stepping in every puddle. We try to be patient because at least were teaching him to love outside like his Momma and Daddy do.



First race since my stupid stress fracture, soooooooo nervous here. Tin Cup Half Marathon you kicked my butt! Ryan beat me this year, he raced well. It's a super hard course, with the first 5.3 miles uphill, and then rolling hills for 5 more miles, the last 3 slightly downhill with a head wind. But it doesn't get any better than those Teton views. I was dead and came in 2 minutes slower than I did last year, but at least my leg didn't hurt. Overall, a very disappointing race, I felt crappy from the very beginning, it just wasn't my day, I don't know how else to explain it. I'm running another Half this Saturday to redeem myself.


We managed to place in our age groups, Ryan got 3rd and I got 2nd. We won non-profit bucks, and then we picked the charity/organization where our money went. Keep in mind this was a small town race, so pretty easy to place.



Afterwards they had a carnival for the kids, and Jack loved the pony.



We took it easy the next day and went and played around in this bike park. It was so fun, little Jack was riding all the hills, he's going to be a mountain biker/bmx boy I just know it!


I love July!

2 comments:

Ambo said...

You know what you did for your 3rd date???? Lame!

ShuaChelle said...

ha ditto to the comment above! Jack is getting so big and i cant get over how cute he is on that little bike! Congrats to you and Ryan on another marathon. We will be back in 3 weeks with my ever growing belly... : )