Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Racing

I raced in the South Davis Handcart Days Half Marathon on July 23. It was a great race, I felt really strong, and nailed my splits to hit my goal time of sub 1:50. I finished with a 1:48:25 and managed to get 1st place in my age group and 5th female overall. Definitely not PR but this course was mostly flat with the last 3 miles uphill.

Is this not the most handsome kid ever?

Of course my Dad raced with me but did the 5K. He just rocked a Full Marathon in May so he deserved to relax and run the 5K. Of course he landed 1st place in his age group and first place out of all the 50 year old dudes! He never let's me down!



As for next weekend, I'm off to run the Epic Relay from Logan to Jackson, 190 miles and 12 team members. September 3 will be Grand Targhee Trail Run 10k, then September 17 will be Top of Utah Marathon, I WILL kill the 26.2..... I hope.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Way to go!! You make my 10K look like a mile. :) Hey are you running the Epic with people from work? If you remember... sometime I would love to run that as well.

amy g said...

What?! I didn't know you got first place in your age group!! SAWEET! YOU WILL KILL the 26.2. One of has to, it might as well be you. Maybe if my PT lets me I want to do the Grand Targhee trail run...we will see. Great job superstah!

The Babinskys said...

AMY! I keep waiting for pictures of Idaho. I am sad we didn't get together before either of us moved. Oh well. I am certain we will meet up again one of these days. I really hope all is going well in Idaho. I want to hear about it. Maybe I will just call you :) Probably a good idea.
And pictures looked fun of the EPIC. Hope I can join the team again when I get back home. Good luck in your races.

Ash said...

Geez, Ame! You're killing it on all these races! That's so awesome. How did the Marathon go? I thought you weren't going to do those anymore;) I'm sure you killed it! I miss running with you but I love your posts and snazzy yellow shoes! Jack is such a cutey! Let me know if you end up moving to Idaho or something. take care, ash.